Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pic of the week. Happy Valentines Day!

It was a terrific Valentines day which started off with giving my wife her gold rose that I picked up. Along with a 2'x3' V-day card. Followed by some family time walking around the mall and checking out some deals. My wife got me a gift card for Lids (the hat store) since I lost my favorite UNC hat and needed to replace it. We then were lucky enough to have grandparents watch Alexa while we went out to dinner at the Olive Garden. I love the Tour of Italy! It's my fave, mmmmmm! As we were leaving OG, it had just started snowing. But these flakes were the biggest flakes I've ever seen. They were at least 1-2 inches in diameter. Falling in what seemed to be blizzard fashion, without the wind. So, we slid into Barnes and Nobles for some coffee, tea and to check out a few books. We then made it home in time to read a bit to our daughter and sit down to enjoy a movie. But not any movie, "our" movie, Serendipity. The movie has a special meaning to us, it's very similar to how we met and came together. Anyway, enough with the sap.

I'm posting the picture below of Philly because I took it on my trip with my friend Tim down there while lying to my wife. I told her I was going to help someone move while the whole intent of the trip was to buy her the gold rose from Steven Singer Jewelers. Tim and I haven't been down there together for a long time. We went to college down there together and it was like old times. Anyway, enjoy the Philly skyline from a bridge above the Schuylkill River. Have a good week.



By the way, a little more story about this picture. The picture, like I said, was taken on a bridge over the Schuylkill River. However there was a 7ft high chain link fence up that I had to stretch my hand and camera up over to get some shots of the city. Needless to say I almost dropped my brand new C5-D2 over the fence. Luckily I had the strap wrapped around my arm enough to prevent that. :) I'll do just about anything to get a shot I guess.

No comments: